10. Surreptitiously confiscating an independent student newspaper’s bins and throwing them in a storage yard next to a dumpster is probably not a good idea. Giving the independent paper access equal to other student publications is.
9. Stop the irrational prejudice against the Future Farmers of America. You like diversity, remember?
8. Remember that forcing a student to change their religious beliefs to stay in school qualifies as indoctrination, not education.
7. Make your whole campus a “free speech zone,” as the First Amendment requires. This would probably only work if you run a university for Smurfs.
5. Hire faculty based on their academic credentials. Being “potentially evangelical” is not a disqualifier. On that note, spend some time reviewing a little law called Title VII.
3. Repeal your speech codes without waiting to get sued, like the University of Virginia.
2. Re-read Supreme Court cases on student fees, especially if you work at the University of Wisconsin.
1. Realize that all-comers policies are as dangerous to the marketplace of ideas as Ford Pintos were to the highway. Not to mention that they would effectively bar single-sex a capella groups, a decidedly huge blow to campus culture.